Email test delivery failing
SummaryEmail treatment test delivery is failing.
Error Messages"Delivery Test processing failed"
Steps to ReproduceRe-tried the email treatment test delivery.
Initially Java 1.7 was installed, which is unsupported version with CMD 661. This version of CMD is certified on Java 1.6.
ResolutionSuggested below steps to be followed to configure the email module:
- From CMD v65 onwards, email module was migrated to java and additional settings are required to use email module from v6.5 onwards.
- Java 1.6 needs to be installed to support CMD application.
- Chordiant Marketing Director requires the "Unlimited Strength JCE Extension Policy Files" to be downloaded to support encryption and decryption of passwords. For more information, refer to the 'Marketing_Director_Pre_Requisites.doc' document.
- Download the 'local_policy.jar' and US_export_policy.jar' files from the website mentioned in the 'Marketing_Director_Pre_Requisites.doc' document and place them in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security' path (Rename/Backup the existing 'local_policy.jar' and US_export_policy.jar' files) if already not done.
This is the path where java is installed. Also provide appropriate file permissions.
- Set the Vantage.init parameter "VenvEmailSenderThreads" and "VenvJMSPortNumber" if already not set. Please refer "Marketing_Director_Initialization_Variables.pdf" located under the folder "Documentation\Installation\PreInstallation" on CD, for more information regarding the above mentioned parameters.
- Please verify if the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set with correct java path pointing to Java 1.6. Also verify if the v_javamaildelivery_proc, CSProcessorServer files in CMD bin directory are set with correct Java home path. Sample CSProcessorServer.cmd and v_javamaildelivery_proc.cmd files were provided for reference to set the JAVA_HOME as per client's environment.
- From task manager, kill any java process (java.exe) that is running.
- Re-login to CMD client and perform test connectivity of the respective ‘email server’ in the eSettings module. On successful completion of email server test connectivity, perform email treatment test delivery.
Published November 18, 2016 - Updated November 22, 2016