Error messages display for Read-only property
Errors must not display on the UI for 'Read only when' properties. However, error displays in the below scenarios:
- When the property is set as 'Read only when' and if the When condition evaluates to false, the property displays as editable and error message displays.
- When the property is set as 'Read only when' and if the When condition evaluates to true, the property displays as read-only and error message displays.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a section.
- Add a layout to the section with an editable property.
- In the same section, create another layout which makes the same property read-only based on a When condition. This When condition always returns true.
- Submit the section.
- Set validation messages on the above property. On the UI, error messages display even on the read-only layout. This works when the property is set as 'Read only always'.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Published August 19, 2019 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.