Error pyMessage rule not being resolved
When an "Edit Validate" Rule is called on a Property that is on an Embedded page of class, the failure validate Message text is not displayed.
Instead the ID of the Message text is displayed. When the same property is placed on a top level class, the validation failure message is correctly displayed.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a process flow that uses a Question smart shape (PegaSurvey).
- Add a postProcessingActivity.
- Call a validation in the Activity.
- Make the validation fail by default.
- Use a pyMessage instead of a hard coded string in the validation.
- Run the process flow.
The primary page at the time of execution of the validation rule does not have the Edit validate Rule 'ValidationErrorMessage'.
If user create 'ValidationErrorMessage' in the the class of the embedded page, the message rule gets resolved and the actual message gets displayed.
ResolutionHere’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
The solution is to create a message in the class of the embedded page.
Published October 27, 2016 - Updated November 8, 2016