Error: Shortcut already exists when copying report
When using the Gear Icon > Copy feature from the list of reports causes an error.
This report shortcut already exists in this category. Please select a different category.
Steps to Reproduce
- Launch the CaseManager portal.
- Choose Reports from left sidebar.
- Choose a specific category of reports.
- Use the gear icon in the Reports list for a report > Copy.
- In the modal popup, provide a new title, then submit.
- Observe the validation fails with ERROR in Category Name.
This issue was determined to be a product enhancement request.
The design of the report category copy is only to copy the shortcut for the report. It does not create a new copy of a report.
Only one shortcut can exist to the underlying report in any report category group.
An enhancement request, FDBK-23578 has been entered to clarify the UI to better reflect the design.
If a copy of a report is needed, open the report and perform a Save As to a new report name.
See SA-14691 for a way to customize the copy in this menu.
Published January 12, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.