Error when aggregate function is called on a report
When using aggregate function in a Pega-7 report definition, an error is thrown. The error appears on all reports. Available functions on the report cannot be reused unless the page is refreshed.
Invalid sort order: In a summary report containing group heads, the results should be tried by the group by columns. Sorting on the Last group by column can be replaced by a sort operation on an aggregate column.
Steps to Reproduce
In PRPC 6.2 SP2:
1. Open a report in PRPC 6.2 SP2, and click Aggregate function.
2. Aggregate on any column using MAX, and sort from minimum to maximum.
In Pega 7.1.8:
1. Open the same report, and click Aggregate function.
2. Aggregate on the same column using MAX, and sort from minimum to maximum.
It is an expected behavior. Summarize function was applied incorrectly.
There are two ways, an aggregate function on a column can be used.
- Through report definition viewer window:
- In report definition rule, through Designer Studio: