Error when a repost definition has an identifier type property
Error occurs when a repost definition has an Identifier type property in the filter conditions.
No operator exists: Numeric to Character Varying comparison. Use explicit type casts.
Steps to Reproduce
- Migrated from Oracle to Postgres
- Create a Identifier type property
- Configure a report definition with a filter on the property, that is, compare with an integer
- Run the report definition
In Oracle, the Identifier type property is mapped to a Number type column. This worked in Oracle because it has implicit conversions to convert a number to a varchar, and a varchar to a number. After migration, the Number type was replaced with Numeric. These conversions are not supported in Postgres which resulted in the failure.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Map the Identifier property to a character varying or varchar type column in the database
- Modify all the incorrectly mapped columns of Numeric type to character varying.
Published March 21, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
100% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.