Events not firing since upgrading to Pega 7.1.7
After upgrading to Pega 7.1.7, “Event” based subscriptions have not been working. The event actions are not firing at all, as can be seen from the event log, which shows that the last event was just prior to the upgrade.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new Application in a Test Pega 7.1.7 system.
2. Define a work object/case with a couple of steps in a flow, which will result in the .pxUpdateDateTime being updated.
3. Define an Event, using the “Process and Rules/Events” landing page. Note: The landing page may not display by default, so may need to add “Pega-EventProcessing:Developer” role to access group and the “EventProcessing-Internal:01-01” ruleset to the application.
4. Use the Landing Page to define a very simple event, just based on .pxUpdateDateTime changing.
5. This can call an activity, or alternatively you could follow the work item and use the “Notify Subscribers” option
6. Create a work object and then set Event debugging on.
7. Advance the work object through the flow, such that .pxUpdateDateTime is updated.
8. Observe that event action doesn’t happen as expected and that debug log shows nothing.
9. The Event log is also showing no events.
The root cause of this issue is a bug in Pega 7.1.7 when distributed search is enabled via the Dynamic System Setting - Pega-SearchEngine indexing/distributed/index_enabled and "Work indexing" is also enabled. When this is true, Business Events stop working.
HFIX-20475 has been created for Pega 7.1.7 to address this issue.
0% found this useful