Events without Start and End Dates are not firing
Events are no longer firing for existing and new events where the Start and End dates are not set.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new Application in a Test Pega 7.1.7 system.
2. Define a work object/case with a couple of steps in a flow, which will result in the .pxUpdateDateTime being updated.
3. Define an Event (with no start and end date), using the “Process and Rules/Events” landing page. Note: The landing page may not display by default, so may need to add “Pega-EventProcessing:Developer” role to access group and the “EventProcessing-Internal:01-01” ruleset to the application.
4. Use the Landing Page to define a very simple event, just based on .pxUpdateDateTime changing.
5. This can call an activity, or alternatively you could follow the work item and use the “Notify Subscribers” option
6. Create a work object and then set Event debugging on.
7. Advance the work object through the flow, such that .pxUpdateDateTime is updated.
8. Observe that event action doesn’t happen as expected and that debug log shows nothing.
9. The Event log is also showing no events.
This issue is due to a regression in the way the CEP Conclusion cache is managed in Pega 7.1.7. Empty date properties are initialized as a new Date(0) -- a date in 1970.
HFIX-20567 has been created for Pega 7.1.7 to address this issue.
0% found this useful