Executing pzAddFollowerWorkParty twice on click of follow link
User is using pyCaseTools OOTB section to display follow link.
When user is clicking on the Follow link the followers name is getting displayed twice.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a tabbed screen flow which contains assignments.
- Open any case from workbasket and click on Screen Flow link
- Click on Follow link and you can see activity gets executed twice in tracer and two subscripts that activity has created.
A software use or operation error
While using TabGroup, every tab contains a section or a Harness(using Dynamic container). In this user's scenario, they using the same section "pyCaseAssets " in the first and second tabs of the tab Group. On follow link, there is click event with “Refresh Other section- pyCaseAssets” with Activity pzAddFollowerWorkParty. “Follow Link“ checks for other sections currently present in current Harness, as it is a TabGroup, it contains two pyCaseAssets, so it will refresh both the sections that will cause the activity to run twice. So it is expected behavior.
Configuration change to achieve the scenario :
- Each Tab should be Harness (via Dynamic Container) , so that each harness is independent of each other,so it will refresh only once.
- Wrap PyCaseAssets inside any one of your custom section . And include that wrapper section inside your Tab.As pyCaseTools is an Available rule , override that with ur custom section and on click of Follow button , refresh that wrapper section . So activity will be run only once.
The second approach helped acheive the user requirement.
Published February 22, 2017 - Updated March 2, 2017