Export to excel of data type throws ORA-00972 error
SummaryThe user updated their application recently. Post update they noticed that for a certain data type, one property name has more than 30 characters.
Basically in PEGA 7.1.7, since the property name was too long, they used a different column name for the corresponding table and specified it in the ‘External mapping’ tab of the class definition.
Now in 7.2.1, the code for exporting records changed the generation of the column alias.
In pega 7.2.1, the alias is set to the property name, which makes it too long.
"PC0"."INDUSTRYCLASSIFICATIONDESC" AS "IndustryClassificationDescription"
Error Messages.DatabaseException: ORA-00972: Identifier symbol is too long.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a data type with one property having long name (more than 30 characters) eg: IndustryClassificationDescription
- Go to records tab.
- Click on configure source button.
- Make the property as primary key and enter a sample value.
- Enter some more values to the property.
- Click on Actions-> Export button.
- An UI error appears on the screen stating "Consult your System Administrator" and DB exception in the logs is recorded.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules When the length of properties in select field of NativeSQL exceeds 30 characters, then the column alias is becoming too long with more than 30 characters and throwing exception when the query is executed.
ResolutionThe export issue is resolved with HFix-31342. But the column name in the .csv file is changed as the result of this code change. And when importing the same file, manual mapping is required. An enhancement is raised to avoid manual mapping of the property.
Published January 30, 2017 - Updated February 18, 2017