Export to excel displays the data in exponential form
After Export to Excel, large numbers displays the data in exponential form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a report definition with a column with more than 15 characters)
- Set the column as a key column
- Generate the Excel file from the report definition
A software use or operation error.
In Microsoft Excel, a number more than 12 characters is converted to exponential form. If user converts the number from exponential to regular decimal format, it rounds off the number.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Open the report definition for columns which displays as text in the Excel file
- Click the cog icon which is next to the Delete icon. This opens a popup to edit column options
- Enter pxDisplayText in the column format autocomplete field and submit
- Save the report and Export to Excel