Export to Excel does not localize field values of report
When you Export a Report Definition (RD) to Excel, non-localized property values are exported instead of the localized field values. This issue does not occur with Export to PDF of the report.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Report Definition with pyStatusWork as the source of one column.
- Create localized field values for pyStatusWork.
- Run the report.
- From the report's Actions menu, click Export to Excel.
The Excel spreadsheet does not display the localized field values. Instead it displays non-localized property values.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
Rule-Utility-Functions (RUFs) used by Export to Excel do not consider pxObjclass when exporting field values because of a missing context page.
Perform the following local-change:
- Do a private check out of the report.
- Edit the report to change the columns with localized field values to use the control GetLocalizedValue:
a. Click the gear icon next to the column.
b. In Edit Column Options, the Column Format field, specify GetLocalizedValue.
c. Click Submit.
If you are using Pega 7.1.8, see SA-20204, https://pdn.pega.com/support-articles/export-report-excel-does-not-localize-value.
Published March 3, 2017 - Updated September 14, 2017