Favorite items appear twice
SummaryTo Favorites and Remove favorites are configured using out-of-the-box activities. A case is added twice when To favorite is selected, and when removed from favorites using Remove favorite, two instances of the same case in the favorites are removed.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into Pega Application.
- Launch Outage Dashboard portal.
- Select Outage Search present in the header.
- Select any case.
- Select To Favorites from Actions menu to the right top in the header.
- Open the favorites. Observe that the same case is added twice.
- Select Remove from favorites from Actions menu, and observe that two instances are removed from favorites.
Root CauseAn issue in the custom application code or rules:
D_pxFavorites is a requestor level datapage. This fetches the data correctly from database. However, this DP has a post processing activity (pyFollowedCases, which is out of the box) configured. This activity is in OutManFW:01-01-01, which is not out of the box. However, as it is an available activity, it is overridden.
A nested loop is defined at step 1 of this activity, which executes Page-Copy method. This caused the issue.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Add a step to pyFollowedCases activity to remove duplicate entries from D_pxFavorites based on the pyID.
Published September 28, 2016 - Updated January 16, 2017