Filter popover positioning not consistent on iPad
Filter popup positioning is inconsistent on an iPad.
The column on which the filter is applied is not present on the screen on scrolling to the right. The column moves left. However, the filter is still present and its position is inconsistent.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a repeat grid.
- Remove Responsive configuration for the grid from the skin.
- Open the grid on an iPad.
- Open the sort or filtering of any column that is not the first or the last column.
- Scroll horizontally. The filter popup moves away from the column it was originally intended for.
A software use or operation error.
The grid must be enabled with a responsiveness break point for the format defined in the skin. Else, the grid is not compatible with low screen size devices. As the filter popup position is derived using the screen size, the reported behavior is not a supported configuration for lower devices.
Perform the following local-change:
Update the grid to the new templatized grid as below where the filters display in a modal dialog.
- Open the Grid properties panel and enable the 'Optimize code'.
- Navigate to the Operations tab and enable the below options:
- Allow filtering (Additional settings on column)
- Show filter options in modal dialog
After implementing this change, the filter popup is converted to a modal dialog and a filter icon displays at the top of the grid.