Flow Action does not render embedded section on UI
The application has been upgraded from PRPC 6.2 SP2 to Pega 7.1.7.
One of the post upgrade action is to upgrade the flow action which was not referencing section rule within them.
However, some of the flow actions failed to render the embedded section on the user portal. Only Submit button displays on screen. Saving the Flow Action rule into the next version did not work.
As work around, issue can be fixed if user create a new flow action in Pega 7 and save it to the new rule set and refer the same section in it.
User requires to know the reason behind this behavior, and if possible a generic fix so that this issue does not occur in future.
No error message.
Steps to Reproduce
Perform below steps in PRPC 6.2 SP2:
1) Create a Section.
2) Create a Flow Action and refer the section.
3) Create a flow and refer the Flow Action.
4) Launch the portal and create a case to see the section.
Perform below steps in Pega 7 after upgrading the above application:
1) Launch the portal and create a case to see the section.
2) Section not visible.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules : Flow Actions no longer support UI authoring, after upgrade to Pega 7. This is known issue in Pega 7.x, refer:
Perform the following local-change:
1. Save the available out of the box extension point activity @baseclass.PreSave, into the class Rule-Obj-FlowAction in your application ruleset.
2. Update the newly created Rule-Obj-FlowAction.PreSave activity to include two steps:
Step 1: A Property Set step which sets .pySections(1).pyContainerVisibleWhen and .pySections(1).pySectionBody(1).pyDisplayWhen equal to "".
Step 2: A Property Set step which sets .pySections(1).pySectionBody(1).pyInclude equal to .pyStreamName, with a When condition that skips the step when @(Pega-RULES:String).length(.pySections(1).pySectionBody(1).pyInclude) >0