Flow Action duplicated in Actions drop-down
SummaryThe developers had originally built an assignment which had a number of local flow actions available to the user.
When the user selected the local flow action then the correct screen was drawn.
However, when the opened up the actions list again, the selected flow action now appears twice.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Build a flow with one assignment.
2. Create an new HTML rule.
3. Create a new local Flow Action.
4. On the Help setup tab change the Help type to : Reference HTML
5. In the HTML box select the rule created in step 2.
6. Create a second local Flow Action and repeat steps 4, 5.
7. Associate both local flow actions with an Assignment.
8. Run the flow until you reach the above Assignment.
9. In the Actions drop-down select the flow action created in step 3.
10. Open the Actions drop-down again and choose the flow action created in step 6.
11. Expand th Actions drop-down again.
12. Observe that the local flow action now appears in the list twice.
Root CauseThe problem was due to a defect in the product.
When navigating between two flow actions (local or not) if both flow actions were associated with the same HTML rule (pyInstructions) then the menu that is built and sent back to the browser would add the flow action again.
ResolutionApply HFix-27880 to address this issue.
Published August 12, 2016 - Updated September 7, 2016