Formatting of decimal number lost after screen refresh
User has formatted a field on a flow action screen to be decimal and include commas. This formatting was done with out-of-the-box capabilities. The field is in one section of the harness. When data is entered into a separate harness section which causes that section to refresh, the formatting of the initial field is lost, even though it is not in a section that is being refreshed.
No Error message is displayed, the one field with decimal formatting loses its format.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a flow and flow action.
2. Create multiple sections namely. for ex "TransferDetails", "WireDetails" & "SignatureVerification".
3. Add multiple properties in different sections.
4. Make these properties required.
5. Configure a number property of type decimal in one section.For ex:- Amount
6. Configure editable format "Type" as "Number", "Text Alignment" as "Right".
and Read-only format "Type" as "Number","Symbol" as "None","Decimal places" as "2", "Rounding Method" as None, "Decimal places" as 2.
7. Add a drop-down property in different section and configure an "OnChange" event with "Refresh the section" as an action set.
8. Enter the value in amount filed and observe that it gets formatted with comma and 2 decimal places.
9. Change the drop-down value and observe that amount fields value get unformatted.
10. Issue is reproduced.
Run case and observe the issue.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules as formatting of decimal number is lost after screen-refresh. Extra check is added on the read only formatting remains before submit.