FTSIncrementalIndexer queue increasing and indexes unavailable
SummaryThe server hosting indexes ran out of disk space. After that issue was resolved, some search issues were noticed. Re-indexes were attempted, however those indexes would become unavailable when clicking Check on the index or the FTSIncrementalIndexer queue size was large and going down extremely slowly.
Error Messagesjava.io.FileNotFoundException: /your_directory/PassivationData/3/H36E610CE06F9EF83190C2D212208B663/EDB%2F%24STANDARD/pyPortal.ser (No space left on device).
Steps to ReproduceRun out of disk space where indexes are hosted.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environment:
Running out of disk space likely corrupted the indexes.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Disable FTSIncrementalIndexer agents on all nodes.
- Remove the Search Index Host Node ID(s) from the Search Landing Page.
- Disable all indexing on the Search Landing Page.
- Shut down the indexing server(s).
- Delete the index files from the server(s) hosting them.
- Start the server(s).
- Add one node as the Search Index Host Node on the Search Landing Page.
- Enable and start Indexing on that one node.
- Once the first node is complete, add other Search Index Host Nodes as required.
- Start FTSIncrementalIndexer agent on all nodes.
Published January 4, 2017 - Updated January 12, 2017