German umlaut encoded incorrectly using ProcessAttachments
An email is added to a work object as an HTML attachment. When the email contains diacritic characters (for example, ü (umlaut)) and the email charset is specific to ISO-8899-1, diacritic characters do not display correctly when viewing the HTML attachment.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a new Email Listener to create work objects on receipt of an email.
- In the associate Service Email rule, in the Request tab, select 'As HTML Attachment' to add the email to the work object as an HTML attachment.
- On the sending email client, set the email charset to ISO-8859 or equivalent (Outlook options > Advanced > International options: Preferred encoding for outgoing messages = Western European (ISO)).
- Send an email to the listener address. Ensure that the email body contains a 'ü' character.
- In the application, open the newly created work object.
- Open the attachment. The ü character displays as Ã¼.
ROOT C AUSE
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
The email content was processed using UTF8 encoding regardless of the charset specified in the email.
0% found this useful