Growing size of Overlay with every Text Input when labels left
SummaryWhen user shows a section as an Overlay, its size grows with every Text Input that user adds when Label Position is set to left.
Error MessagesNo error messages
Steps to Reproduce
- Private edit the pxUIGallerySampleFA to contain a text input, and the pyUIGallerySkin skin to set the label position to the left for the Default Dynamic Layout format.
- Open UI Gallery to the Overlay example.
- Click the Standard button. Overlay has 1 text input and is about 300px wide.
- Open pxUIGallerySampleFA section
- Add another Text input so there are 2 text inputs.
- Close and reopen the UI Gallery and test the Standard Overlay again. It is wider.
- Add another text input to the section. Overlay is Wider again.
The width is being calculated by browser based on the textarea div which has CSS display:inline-block; width:100%
ResolutionPerform one of the following local-change solutions:
Option 1: Use a fixed width Overlay Format as shown below and set the height and width in the skin rule.
Option 2: Remove the 100% width inline style from the overlay template.
- save the pyOverlayTemplate section rule (From Rule- class) into your own application ruleset so that you can customize it (it is an available rule).
- In this section open the properties for the single cell inside Layout 1
- On the Presentation tab expand the “Advanced presentation options
- Remove the Cell inline style that is default “Width:100%;” as shown below (I have used a private checkout just for testing.
Published November 17, 2016 - Updated November 19, 2016