Harness ID is not saving the provided value
When using a dynamic container user changes the default view to Harness and enters value in ID field.
After clicking on Save and re-checking not able to observe the value in ID field
No error message but not able to see the value in ID filed.
Steps to Reproduce
1. In a Section dragging Dynamic Container, change the default view to Harness and provide the name of Harness and click OK.
2. Open properties for the Dynamic Container and enter value in ID field, and click OK.
3. Open properties for the Dynamic Container, and observe that value has disappeared in ID filed.
The display of the ID field for a harness configured in a dynamic layout is a bug that was fixed in 7.1.8. So in later releases there is no prompting for the ID field anymore.
User's requirement was to refresh only a particular area in the harness, for which they have tried to use the ID field.
This issue is resolved through the following local-change:
1. Use Screen layout where they can have three portions Top, Left and Content area.
2. In the content area, drop a section containing a dynamic container.