How to display date time validation message on top of harness?
You are using the OOTB DateTime control on a field for multi-criteria reseach system. You have two properties, textinput and date time, in the section. When you fill in the datetime field with an incorrect date format (for example: 456/36/2015), and submit, an error is raised to notify the that the format is incorrect. This error is displayed by hovering on the red cross next to the date field. But, you want to display this error in the @baseclass.Errors.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Section, and set a text field and a date time property.
- Create a flow action and drag the above created section into it.
- Create a flow and call the flow action.
The root cause of this problem is a defect in customer application code/rules. This is expected behaviour. If the date time property is giving error message hovering the red cross next to property, it is triggering the client side validation. You can display error message on top of harness only when it is a server side validation and the error message is present in clipboard.
This issue is resolved through the following Local-change:
- Set the property type as “text” for date time property so property type validation is not triggered.
- Set the edit validate rule as blank so that property does not associate with 'validation type'
- Create an activity, call the same activity in the post processing of the flow action (in action tab).
- Create validation rules (for validations on the property) and call them in activity.
100% found this useful