Import using prpcUtils fails when using encrypted DB passwords
SummaryWhen running a rule import using prpcUtils using encrypted database passwords in prbootstrap.properties and keyring file for prconfig.xml, the import fails with the below error.
Error MessagesChecking Configuration Files:
/appfiles/PRPCDeploy/scripts/utils/prpcUtils.xml:419: Failed to connect using provided properties. [jcc][t4][4.19.26] Null password is not supported. ERRORCODE=-4461, SQLSTATE=42815
Steps to Reproduce
- Encrypt password in prbootstrap.properties
- Create Keyring file for prconfig.xml
- Remove password from prconfig.xml and prpcUtils.properties
- Set pegarules.config and prbootstrap.config in prpcUtils.properties
- Run prpcUtils to import a rule
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. The prpcUtils tool has several tasks which are expecting an unencrypted database password in the
pega.jdbc.password property in prpcUtils.properties file. Also, there is no way to specify the location of the keyring file to use.
Perform the following local-change:
Modify prpcUtils.xml to skip testconnectioninfo and _findSystemName tasks. Add the location of the keyring file to the path in prpcUtils.xml.
1. Comment out pega:testconnectioninfo task around lines 409 to 418
2. Modify "Processing Configuration Files" task around line 421 to remove the depends='_findSystemName"
3. Add a path element to the prpc.base.path around line 255 to include the location of the keyring file.
For example, <pathelement location="C:\PathToDirectoryWithKeyringFile"/>
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020