Impressions in Goal is not counting
A campaign with some goals configured as zero values, are not showing the totals in the Goals panel when the campaign has been run. As shown below, the counts are expected to show in the re highlighted areas.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a campaign with a "Total Impressions" goal of >= 0 (no decimal place). This should also work with any other numeric goal.
- Run the campaign
- Impression value does not show up. it would normally show 0 if no impressions have been genreated.
- generate some impressions.
- Impression count in the goals area does not show.
- Suspend the campaign.
- Edit the goals to use the value 0.0 (with decimal place)
- Save and run the campaign. Goal values now show.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. The problem is on the MeasurementGoalResults section. The Visibility condition on 3rd Dynamic Layout is:
.MetricValue = 0.0
This does not get triggered as true for the "integer" version of zero "0"
This issue will be fixed in a future release of Pega Marketing, but can easily be resolved via one of the following local-changes:
Local change 1
Ensure that goals that use a zero value are set to 0.0 (including a decimal place).
Local change 2
Save a custom version of the MeasurementGoalResults section and change the visible when condition to:
.MetricValue = 0.0 || .MetricValue = 0