Inconsistent date time format in proposition data for date time
Summary of the behavior when date time values are updated through proposition bulk edit option.
- Displayed in local format (9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Stored in database in GMT format (20160917T030000.000 GMT).
- Upon every access it is converted into local format and stores again in GMT format.
Summary of the behavior of date time values through individual propositions edit option.
- Displayed in local format(9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Stored in database in local format(9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Upon reopening it is adding GMT offset and showing it in local format (9/17/2016 03:00 AM).
- Upon every update of the record, it is adding up GMT offset. So the date changes for every update (9/17/2016 03:00 AM ->9/17/2016 07:00 AM->9/17/2016 11:00 AM etc.)
Every update of the proposition through proposition page result in change of the date time values as it adds up GMT offset.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a proposition.
- Enter the value for the date time attribute as "9/16/2016 11:00 PM".
- Refresh and reopen the proposition. It shows as "9/17/2016 03:00 AM" (based on time zone).
The Date values entered in the Proposition landing page (unversioned propositions) are not rendered per the user's time zone. It is always rendered in GMT timezone.
0% found this useful