Inconsistent date time format in proposition data for date time
SummarySummary of the behavior when date time values are updated through proposition bulk edit option.
- Displayed in local format (9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Stored in database in GMT format (20160917T030000.000 GMT).
- Upon every access it is converted into local format and stores again in GMT format.
Summary of the behavior of date time values through individual propositions edit option.
- Displayed in local format(9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Stored in database in local format(9/16/2016 11:00 PM)
- Upon reopening it is adding GMT offset and showing it in local format (9/17/2016 03:00 AM).
- Upon every update of the record, it is adding up GMT offset. So the date changes for every update (9/17/2016 03:00 AM ->9/17/2016 07:00 AM->9/17/2016 11:00 AM etc.)
Every update of the proposition through proposition page result in change of the date time values as it adds up GMT offset.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a proposition.
- Enter the value for the date time attribute as "9/16/2016 11:00 PM".
- Refresh and reopen the proposition. It shows as "9/17/2016 03:00 AM" (based on time zone).
The Date values entered in the Proposition landing page (unversioned propositions) are not rendered per the user's time zone. It is always rendered in GMT timezone.
Published October 20, 2016 - Updated October 27, 2016