Incorrect Cover open Count error with Pega 7.2.1
When attempting to submit the resolution of a child work object, an error message appears.
The cover open count is incorrect it is -1
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a parent work object and a child work object.
- Launch a flow, which creates a temporary object, in a modal window from the child work object.
- Cancel the modal window.
- Relaunch the same flow in a modal window from the child work object.
- Process and submit the modal flow.
- Attempt to resolve the child work object. Note that this will fail silently.
- Open the child work object's current assignment.
- Attempt to resolve the child work object again.
An issue in the custom application code or rules where the use of an incorrect cancel button resulted in pyTemporaryObject being persisted back to the main thread from the modal with a value of true.
This resulted in the child work object's resolution not being persisted to the database. However, the associated updates to the parent object were persisted to the database.
As the child work object was not progressed forward, subsequent attempts to resolve it would attempt to update the parent object's cover open count to a value less than zero.
Perform the following local-change:
The "Launch Flow In Modal" action requires the use of a specific function, when the modal flow is canceled, in order to properly reset the necessary parameters that will prevent pyTemporaryObject from being set to true on the main thread.
To avoid the issue, configure the "Cancel" button as a standard "Button" control with an on click action to further run the following script: "pega.u.d.launchFlow.handleModalCancel".
0% found this useful