Issue action on grid repeat not done on right item
SummaryActions performed on a sorted repeat grid that has been sourced from a data page can execute against the wrong data if the data page is configured to refresh per interaction.
Steps to Reproduce
- Source a grid from a data page that refreshes per interacion.
- Configure row actions. For example, a smart info to display more data.
- Sort the grid and perform the action.
- Action is performed against the row in that position on the refreshed data page on the clipboard, not the on screen row.
Root CauseThis is expected behavior.
When a data page is configured to refresh per interaction, any action that requires the system to refer back to the data page will trigger a refresh. If the sorting of the refreshed data page is different to the on screen data then the rows on screen are in different positions to the data on the clipboard.
Sourcing data for a grid from a data page using the refresh per interaction setting is not reccommended for grids that require a lot of user interactions with the data.
Possible solutions include:
- Disable sorting on the grid. If the data page refreshes then then data will still be in the same order as on screen data.
- Disable "Refresh per interaction" and define a suitable refresh strategy.
- Source the grid from static data. For example, a copy of the data page data in a page list property.
Published July 19, 2016 - Updated July 30, 2016