Issue with modal submit
User invokes a flow action in modal. The context of flow action is set from the referenced property. The validation of flow action is performed post activity. The modal dialog closes after submitting it, nevertheless a validation error occurs. The same flow action is invoked in a standard flow and not in modal. The validation does not progress the case to the next step, which is an expected behaviour. The validation works correctly for the flow action without modal, but it does not work in modal.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Single page property, CustomParty, in the work class of the PegaFS-Data-Party type
- Create referencedPartyProperty of type String in PegaFS-Data-Party
- Set the referencedPartyProperty in CustomParty to use the page reference of pyWorkParty
- Customize the out-of-the-box CollectInitialData flow action to retrieve the context from referenced party property
- Create a simple validation for one of the fields on the CollectInitialData page
- Invoke the CollectInitialData flow action in modal. Validation ends with an error
Launch of modal window and flow action have two different contexts. As a result, the validate rule message does not display on the modal window.
Here’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
- Use the same context for both modal window and flow action
- Do not use the modal window
0% found this useful