Issue with Text area control after installing HFix-54081
Post applying HFix-54081, in the exported Excel, the text area column values do not display in a single line. Hence, the user is unable to perform any calculation on the Excel file.
- Before applying the hotfix, the details display as a single row in the exported Excel even when the details are entered in multiple rows.
- After applying the hotfix, formatting does not occur and multiple rows display in the generated Excel. Hence, user is unable to perform any operation on the Excel cell.
Steps to Reproduce
- Source the report definition column with a text area property.
- Enter the values in multiple line format.
- Export the file to Excel. The values in the Excel display in the format entered by the user.
This behavior is working as expected.
The hotfix changes are meant to retain the format entered. Hence, in this case, since the user entered multiline values, the Excel file displays the values as they are entered.
Apply HFix-56995 to revert the changes made in HFix-54081.
Alternatively, perform the following local-change to avoid the Timestamp from being appended:
- Navigate to the Date column (where the issue is observed).
- Click the Function button (fx) beside the column source Text box.
- Apply 'The day portion of [Date Value]' function.
- Provide the column source in the Function Input.
The report displays as below,
- Apply the changes only for those columns where timestamp is not required. For the columns with timestamp, the correct values are retrieved and the changes are not required.
0% found this useful