Issues in accessing rules in 7.2.2 with Operator IDs of 7.1.8
The Test system is updated from Pega 7.1.8 to Pega 7.2.2.
Prior to updating the system to Pega 7.2.2, the data is cleared and imported from the Development database. Therefore, the operator IDs of the Development system (created in Pega 7.1.8) are present in the Test system. When logging in with these IDs in the Test system after the update, the UI rules display partially and are distorted in Designer Studio.
Steps to Reproduce
- Clear the Test system.
- Import the data from the Development database. Operator IDs of the Development system (created in Pega 7.1.8) are present in the TEST environment.
- Update Pega 7.1.8 to Pega 7.2.2.
- Log in with these Operator IDs in the Test system.
The issue occurred due to the following:
- The section was unable to fetch the application skin rule. Therefore, the section used the pzdesigner studio. As a resutl, UI was distorted.
- The GetworkStyle activity, responsible to retrieve the skin rule, did not fetch the skin rule beacuse the skin was set to the pyShowWorkSkin property value.
- The pyShowWorkSkin property contained the CompositeBrand value.
- The application did not have CompositeBrand skin. Therefore, the application skin was not retrieved
- The skin rule was not present in the database.
Perform the either of the following local-changes:
- Import the skin rule in the application from other environments.
- Remove the skin in the preferences of the operator.
To change the preference for all operators simultaneously, run the following activity:
- Set the Page names to the Class as below:
Set operatorIDPage to Code-Pega-List
Set operatorIDPage.pxResults to Data-Admin-Operator-ID
- Set the Method to Page-New on the operatorIDPage step page.
In the Method Parameters, set NewClass to Code-Pega-List.
- Set the method to Obj-Browse on the operatorIDPage step page.
In the Method Parameters, set the following,
PageName to operatorIDPage
ObjClass to Data-Admin-Operator-ID
RowKey to pzInsKey
Configure Loop on operatorIDPage.pxResults 'For each embedded page' on the Embed-OperatorID-Preferences class.
- Configure Loop on operatorIDPage.pxResults for each Embedded page on Embed-OperatorID-Preferences class for the Obj-Save method.
After writing the activity, perform the below steps to verify if the operator has privileges to modify the Data-Admin-Operator-ID class.
- Open the OperatorID.
- Open the Available roles in the operatorID
Open the Role that is on par with the application.
- Verify if all the privileges are set to 5.
Run the activity once to change the skin from CompositeBrand to null in all the operators.