JAWS does not read grid column sorting status
When JAWS (with IE11) attempts to read repeating grid column headers, it does not read out the expected notification if the column is sortable (Enter to sort) or is currently sorted (This column is sorted in [ascending / descending] order).
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable accessibility in your application and access group
- Create repeating grid with sorting enabled on columns
- Tab through each column after launching JAWS
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules causes the JAWS screen reader to not read the included markup with the sorting status text.
- Apply HFix-23715
- Regenerate the updated library for Rule-Utility-Function GENERATECELLCONTENT--(CLIPBOARDP5D6D7F3B008E0E7A7CAF87FF7A199E1A
- Re-validate and save any sections with repeat grids where the column header sorting is not read correctly.