JAWS not able to read Pega screen when Accessibility enabled
SummaryA screen is configured to display different tabs which are present. On enabling Accessibility and using JAWS to read a specific screen, JAWS is unable to read the tab contents. This occurs when using JAWS in Firefox browser.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable Accessibility in the application.
- Create a screen with a tab group and include dynamic layouts in the tabs.
- Configure a dynamic layout Accessibility type as a tab.
- Start JAWS and load the application screen. JAWS does not read the tab content.
Root CauseAn issue in the custom application code or rules.
Accessibility role type = tab was configured for the dynamic layout in the tab group. Hence, JAWS always read the tab names.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change for JAWS to read the tab content:For the dynamic layout in the tab, change the Accessibility role type to tabpanel.Use the below combinations to navigate the screen while using JAWS,
- Left Arrow and Right Arrow - move left or right one character
- Ctrl + Left and Ctrl + Right Arrow - move left or right one word
- Up Arrow and Down Arrow - move up or down one line
- Insert + Up Arrow - read the current line
- Insert + Down Arrow - Say all: read from current position to end of page
Published March 6, 2019 — Updated April 11, 2019