JAWS unable to identify checkboxes when marked as ReadOnly
JAWS is unable to identify checkboxes when marked as Read-Only.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable accessibility on the application.
- Create checkboxes in a section.
- Enable Read-Only Format to 'Show value as' an 'Image'.
- Enable JAWS. Verify if the checkbox value is read correctly.
When marked as Read-Only, Pega generates only text for checkboxes. Additionally, 'Image' was used when the checkbox was set as Read-Only. Hence, the control and its value were not recognized by JAWS.
Perform either of the following local-changes:
- Select Disable instead of Read-Only. This continues to generate the code for the checkbox control. Hence, this is recognized by JAWS and prevents the user from changing the value like the ReadOnly field.
- Select 'Show value as 'Text'' in the Read-Only format such that JAWS reads out the value correctly.