"Label Invalid Property" while saving the properties
SummaryUser raised a request that some of the properties , "benefits ,category" are not showing up in the edit form.
For that if we go through the page #12 of the refernce Guide of DSM :
https://pdn.pega.com/documents/decision-strategy-manager-reference-guide-72, which clearly mention that we need to override the pyEditElements section to add these properties.
After performing this, user is able to see both properties in edit form.
But after performing this, if user is trying to save the modified decision rules , it threw errors.
Attached is the email chain of detailed description of the issue.
Steps to Reproduce1. Add a new column to the pyEditelement section for a group in order to achieve the Single Edit option for that Group Proposition data and that to for the newly added column only
2. Try the Private Edit for a Proposition which is under the Group.
3. Try to do Single Edit by updating the newly added column.
Root CauseThe steps followed to add a new property to decision data were not correct.
To add a new property follow the below steps:
A: If the layout is not customized:1. Checkout(Save as) the rule to an open ruleset.
2. Navigate to Form tab and click add property.
3. Select the required property from the drop down ("Benefits").
4. Save the rule.
The new property will now reflect in the form when editing the proposition.
B. If the layout is already customized:1. Save-as the rule into open ruleset.
2. Navigate to Form tab.3. Click customize form - this opens the right pyEditElement section that user need to modify.4. Add the required property in the section rule, save and check-in.
5. In the decision data rule, click add field button and add the same property to the grid and click save.
The proposition can now be edited and saved successfully.
Published February 1, 2017 - Updated February 16, 2017