Layout expands due to obj-validate error on a read-only field
You display a read-only and an input version of a property on a screen via two expandable layouts with two different sections. When the screen is loaded the layout with the read-only copy of the property is collapsed and the editable one is expanded. In Pega 7.1.7, when updating the input field with a value that fails an obj-validate after submitting, the screen is redisplayed. The read-only section is expanded automatically and an error marker is getting displayed for both the read-only field and the input field. PRPC 6.1 SP2 the read-only section stays collapsed.
This is not a valid entry.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a section with two collapsible layouts with two sections.
- Configure one layout to show the section as read-only and keep the section in collapsed mode while loading the page.
- Configure the second layout as editable.
- Refer to the same property in both the section.
- Create a validate rule to validate the property.
- At runtime enter an invalid value for the property in the editable section and submit.
The root cause of this problem is: In Pega 7 even read-only controls show error messages which causes all the containers they are included in to expand.
This issue is scheduled to be resolved in Pega 7.1.8. The fix when made will still show the error messages for read-only section but will not expand the container.
0% found this useful