Layout headers are getting truncated
User has a Dynamic Layout which is configured to have a "Header" and the caption is chosen as Text.
The Text contains mixed English and Arabic letters.
The entire text fits in the text field in designer studio in Chrome. It also renders correctly in Chrome at run time.
But in IE in both design time and runtime the Arabic characters are getting truncated and new line character is introduced somewhere in the middle of the preceding English text.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to ReproduceDesign time behavior:
- Open Pega designer studio in Internet Explorer.
- Create a section and drop a dynamic layout into it.
- Choose the Caption of the layout as a text.
- Paste a mixed text with English and Arabic letters.
- Observe the resulting text appearance in the concerned text field
- Save the section.
- Check the same design from a session in Chrome.
Run time behavior:
- Render the section through a flow action
- Observe the layout caption in both IE and Chrome
Root CauseThe overall font applied to the application skin is "Open Sans". With this font the mixed characters do not render properly on IE.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change
Open the Skin rule which is referred by the portal.
Under Mixins change the overall font to Arial.
Published March 23, 2017 - Updated March 24, 2017