Loading pega survey sections and flow actions takes more time
System takes more time to launch Pega survey sections and flow actions. The error occurred when Pegasurvey was clicked and submitted the assessment with or without spanning problems.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create the survey with or without spanning problems.
2. Try to submit the survey.
Root CauseMany Pega0026 ALERTs were noticed. Acquiring DB connection takes more time than the threshold time. Due to this reason, the UI becomes idle. Various Pega0005 alerts corresponding to DB time were also observed. The DB operation took more time than the threshold value.
Follow the PDN article https://pdn.pega.com/troubleshooting-pega0026-alerts-indicate-connection-pool-settings-too-low
To reduce or eliminate the number of PEGA0026 alerts, take the following actions:
- Set the initial connection pool size to match the total number of connections created during the performance test. This ensures that all required connections are obtained up front when the WebLogic application server starts.
- Turn on Test Connection on Reserve setting to ensure that the connection is not destroyed or lost when the connection is idle in the pool.
- Configure connection pools in WebLogic Server domain, to improve application and system performance. Refer to the Oracle or BEA WebLogic Server Administration Console Help topics on tuning data source connection pool options as cited in the following PDN article: https://pdn.pega.com/understanding-pega0026-alert-time-connect-database-exceeds-limit
100% found this useful