LocalAction ModalDialog not working in repeating grid action top
SummaryButton is configured to launch a ModalDialog in repeating grid action-top, but does not work.
It throws an alert message "Please select a row" instead.
Error MessagesAn alert message 'Please select a row' gets displayed.
Steps to Reproduce
- Place a repeat-grid in section(Section1) rule.
- Place a button inside another section(Section2) rule.
- Configure Local Action >Modal Dialog on the button event.
- Drag the section(Section2) with button into the Repeat Grid Action-top.
- Click the button during execution.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. The "_processActionModalOnlineHandler" API in pega_ui_modadialog. js has the code which traverses from the currentDOMElement till the RULE_KEY / MAIN_RULE and if it's find a DOMelement with className "gridactionTop" or "gridActionBottom" in between, it'll set the this.activeGrid = null and therefore later in this functionor API it does not throw the "Please select a row" alert.
But in this case the section has the button(CurrentDOMElement) which itself is included in the gridactiontop.
So with the above code, even though the button is present in gridactiontop, the "bIsControlInGridActionArea never becomes true. Hence the issue.
Published September 16, 2016 - Updated September 20, 2016