Lock held error on using Allow multiple users locking strategy
User creates a case type with the Allow multiple users locking strategy. However, when two users access the same case, the Lock held message displays for one of the users.
Cannot obtain a lock on instance ABC, as Requestor XYZ already has the lock
Steps to Reproduce
- Select Allow multiple users for the parent case. The child case inherits it . The child case is instantiated from the browser session.
- Open the child case on the mobile application
- Update the child case from the browser session. The error message displays
An issue in the custom application code or rules. The user explicitly acquired the lock on the case using the Obj-Refresh-And-Lock method in one of the custom activities.
Perform the following local-change to release the lock:
- Enable the ReleaseOnCommit option in the Obj-Refresh-And-Lock method
- Commit the case in the same custom activity