Locking issues occur with an error
Pega Field Services 7.31 is installed on Pega 7.4. Record locking issues occur when both the PRS (Dispatcher in Field Service) reschedule, reassign and cancel the appointment. Locking errors occur in the background simultaneously. A new window displays with an error.
Locking issue occurs when PRS reschedule the appointment and the field rep working on the appointment clicks the Start Travel button on the mobile simultaneously.
In this case, there is no intimation to any of the users that other users are also working and hence all the users can work simultaneously. The parent locking does not work though the user uses the default locking mechanism. Two PRS are able to update the same field rep calendar since there is no locking and the changes override in the database.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to the Network File System (NFS) application
- Go to the dashboard
- Pick one of the folder IDs
- Click the schedule icon
- Complete the flow. The schedule icon changes to a blue icon (reschedule icon)
- Load another session and go to the dashboard
- Click the reschedule icon in the first session
- Keep the first screen open and click the reschedule icon in the other session simultaneously. Error displays on a new window
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. Inability to acquire the lock when the user opens the field worker's calendar stops the user from performing the actions such as rescheduling and cancelling on the Dispatcher portal.