Multiple data page based autocompletes fails
In a Section Drop Down and Autocomplete are defined on the same Data Page with different parameters.
In autocomplete when scroll down through first 40 suggestions a pagination event happens which brings back additional suggestions but they are loaded from Data Page with parameters defined on the drop down.
Interestingly the amount of records seemed to be take properly from initial suggestions request. When pagination happens parameters are not passed to Data Page which leads to:
• Lines with wrong data if all parameters are optional
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open a Case which holds a Section with a Autocomplete and a drop-down control sourcing a same Data page.
2. The datapage must be configured with 80+ values.
3. Wipe out everything from that field and scroll down the suggestions.
4. You would see the look of suggestions is changed at some point in time due to wrong data.
When a autocomplete is in a dynamic layout then the entire section is execute and as other controls in same section refer same DP results are executed on wrong data page.
Move the autocomplete controls to a separate section and drop the section with autocomplete into the dynamic layout in the Parent Section.
Move the drop-down controls to a separate section and drop the section with drop-down into the dynamic layout in the Parent Section.
Published November 18, 2016 - Updated December 13, 2016