Null Pointer Exception while running REST Integration wizard
SummaryWhen attempting to save Connect-REST rule, null pointer exception is thrown and error pop up message "Generation process has been canceled and all created records have been removed" displayed on the screen.
Error Messages“Generation process has been canceled and all created records have been removed”
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create REST connector using the Connector Wizard.
2. Give any dummy URL for rest service and click Next.
3. Don't do any changes in Define Parameter Tab and click Next.
4. In Select Methods tab, select method as post and click Configure
5. In request tab of configuration menu, upload the XML file (attached with SE) in the 'Sample Requests To Make Request Data Model'.
6. Click OK and Next.
7. In Generate Records tab, click on preview it will be blank. Also, click on create and notice the the error pop up message "Generation
process has been cancelled and all created records have been removed"
Root CauseThis is a defect in Pegasystems code or rules. The REST Integration wizard, while creation of rules, is incorrectly attempting to use the undefined value of a property, leading to a NullPointerException. Which causes the Rest Data Source Wizard to halt rule creation and revert all changes and also provides a status message to the user that says "Generation process has been cancelled and all created records have been removed."
ResolutionApply HFix-28615 to resolve the issue.
Published July 22, 2016 - Updated August 1, 2016