NVDA Screen Reader not working with Pega
A scenario where user searches for the address on click of a ‘search address’ button by checking the post code entered.
If the post code is invalid then the error message is displayed below the postcode input field. Unfortunately screen reader is not able to read the error for this particular case. Also, all the required validation messages are not read by screen reader.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Form using Textinput and Radio button controls.
- Configure all the fields as required.
- Launch the portal. Use key board to navigate to among the fields.
- Observe "Value can not be blank" and other validation messages are not read by the screen reader.
A software use or operation error : User did not configure PegaWAI ruleset to their application and expecting to get accessibility compatible application across all the browsers
Here’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
"Accessibility framework" is required to get accessibility for Pega applications in Internet Explorer and make the application identical across all browsers.
To know about accessibility framework, read through the following link:
To enable the accessibility:
1. Import the accessibility framework present in Resource Kit folder of your Pega 7.1.9 distribution.
2. After successful import of the framework, Open the access group and go to advanced tab, in Run time configuration - Select Enable Accessibility add-on.
3. Add the PegaWAI:07-10 ruleset in Production Rulesets. Below is the screen print:
0% found this useful