Obj-Refresh-And-Lock is always going to the database
The user has a process where updates are made on a work object and an activity runs that has an Obj-Refresh-And-Lock step before the updated data is then committed. For items that were updated around the Daylight Savings hour on November 5, the Obj-Refresh-And-Lock step is always returning the item from the database so that any updates made in the activity are lost.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create work objects on November 5 during the 01:00 hour before Daylight Savings Time (DST).
- Run a process that will update data on the work object and do an Obj-Refresh-And-Lock.
- Run Tracer to see if the work object data on the Clipboard was used or if the data was refreshed from the database.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules caused by an inconsistency in how the timestamp data is saved for pxUpdateDateTime
The value in the database column reflects UTC, while the value in the BLOB reflects the user's system time.
To address any immediate issues with processing these work objects, perform the following locl-chane:
- Write an activity to open the work objects updated during that time window.
- Update the pxUpdateDateTime.
- Resave the work objects.
BUG-359295 has been reported to correct the issue and prevent future occurrences. The changes will be made in the latest version of the code and then backported to Pega 7.1.9.
Published December 19, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.