Onchange doesn't work with radio button
When 'On change- Refresh Section' event is configured for a radio button, it is taking a long time for the section to refresh. Screen loads fine if anywhere else is clicked.
No error message
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a radio button property, which has two values: Yes ; No
- Add this property in a section. Configure On Change – Refresh this section behaviour, and call an activity when the section refreshes.
- To test if on change refresh is working, in the refresh activity, do a property set such that when user selects “Yes”, the text field below the radio buttons get loaded with a value.
- Run the flow. Click on “Yes”. Notice that the value in the text field is blank.
- Click anywhere in the section, and notice that the value is loaded now, i.e, on the second click.
The reported behaviour is by design. On change will not work properly for Radio Buttons. This is the reason we generate data-click even if user configures onchange for auto-generated radio buttons in newer versions.
Performing the following local change mitigates the problem:
1. Set a default value, to say “Yes”, in the radio button’s properties. Configure OnClick – Refresh the section instead of OnChange.
2. When the flow gets executed, the radio button has a pre-set value of “Yes”.
3. When the user clicks on “No”, the refresh action along with the refresh activity gets executed, and the appropriate value gets attributed to the text area / text input field.
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
100% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.