Option Map Data Type’s Display Value is restricted to 64 chars
Pega Government Platform (PGP) Option Map Data type’s display value column (property) is using Out-of-the-box (OOTB) pyLabel property and as a result, user cannot have value more than 64 characters. This is a configurable table where clients should be able to add their configurable values.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Click on the PGP and go to Data explorer.
2. Click on “Option Map” data type and go to records.
3. Enter a value more than 64 chars to the “Display label” column.
Root CauseA software use or operation error, they have a use case to store more than 64 chars in Display label column but that column is mapped to pylabel in @baseclass. The max length of pylabel in @baseclass is 64.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change steps:
1) Save as pylabel from @baseclass to the specific class where they are using it.
2) Change the max length property and save it.
3) Go to Database table corresponding to that class and change the column length of the pylabel column using alter commands.
4) Open the corresponding datatable instance in designer studio and do a test connection. After that just save the rule.(This is the key step to regenerate the entry code of the property which contains information regarding the max length validation)
5) Now revalidate and save any activities or data transforms which refer to this property.
Published November 28, 2016 - Updated November 29, 2016