ORA-00972 identifier is too long
Error occurs when performing Obj-Browse and fetching the .pyAddresses(Email).pyEmailAddress property.
There was a problem getting a list: code: 972 SQLState: 42000 Message: ORA-00972: identifier is too long
Steps to Reproduce
- Use Oracle database 12CR1.
- Perform Obj-Browse on Data-Admin-Operator-ID.
- Retrieve the .pyAddresses(Email).pyEmailAddress property.
This is a limitation of Oracle database.
In Oracle 12.2 and above, the maximum object name length is 128 bytes.
In Oracle 12.1 and below, the maximum object name length is 30 bytes.
Perform the following local-change:
- Replace Obj-Browse with a report definition
- Upgrade to Oracle 12.2 and above.
Published August 24, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.