ORA-12899 error on inserting attachments in PC_LINK_ATTACHMENT
ORA-12899 error occurs when inserting attachments in the PC_LINK_ATTACHMENT table.
Step Status FAIL
Step Status Info ** ORA-12899: value too large for column "<SCHEMA>"."PC_LINK_ATTACHMENT"."PYMEMO" (actual: 90, maximum: 64)
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up an email listener to create a case from an email.
- Use the out-of-the-box AddAttachmentFromMail activity in the 'Work-' class and Pega-ProcessEngine:07-10-01 ruleset to add attachments from the email.
- Send the email with attachments with multi-byte characters and name length greater than 64 bytes.
The attachment name included multi-byte characters and the name size was greater than 64 characters or bytes. Hence, the database was unable to insert the attachment name in PC_LINK_ATTACHMENT table.
Perform either of the below local-changes:
- Limit the length of the string to fit in the current column or expand the column size to allow for the largest anticipated string.
- Save As the AddAttachmentFromMail activity and write custom logic to truncate the attachment name to fit into current column.