OutboundMaster agent fails with exception
The following issues occur while running the out-of-the-box OutboundMaster agent activities:
- The OutboundMaster agent queues the items for the WriteOutboundAgent agent activity even if the staging records are marked as ERROR. This results in additional queue items continuously being created and processed without any meaningful output in the file or the database
- The data instances that the file or the database templates create and manage move into a soft locked state and subsequently is unable to process new records coming to the staging environment for those templates that are in the locked state.
[.PegaWorkManager : 7] [STANDARD] [ ] [FIN:01.01.01] (internal.async.AgentQueue) ERROR - Agent [PegaMKT-Engine] activity [PegaMKT-Data-Outbound-Queue.ProcessOutboundStaging] queue number  disabled due to execution errors ErrorMsg: unable to execute agent: PegaMKT-Engine #7: PegaMKT-Data-Outbound-Queue.ProcessOutboundStagingCannot obtain a lock on instance PEGAMKT-DATA-OUTBOUND-TEMPLATERUN-FILE PEGAMKT-WORK-OFFER!<templatename>!FILE, as Requestor BPL9H1BSSCSR4JDYRBQ6WN6O44C4297FBA already has the lock
Steps to Reproduce
- Create some records in the MKT_Staging database table with status = 'ERROR'
- Run a recurring campaign which runs every 5 minutes and uses a file output template
- Schedule the OutboundMaster and WriteOutbound agents frequently. The OutboundMaster agent fails
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. Resilience issues with the outbound file or database channel processing.