Page Set Message does not display on the UI
Page-Set-Messages and error messages are cleared on Save and Submit of the work object after adding a row to a grid. This occurs post upgrade to to Pega Platform 8.3.1.
Steps to Reproduce
- Upgrade Pega 7 Platform to Pega Platform 8.3.1.
- Set Page messages in the post-processing activity of a flow action which is invoked during a Submit. These messages are set in the UpdateDefaults activity rule which is called during a Save, to display errors.
- Add a row to a grid before Submit or Save. All the messages are cleared.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
An issue with the 'Embedded Elsewhere' configuration in the grid and 'Select first item on load'. The pzPerformGridAction activity is invoked when the first row of the grid is selected on load. The error messages are cleared in this activity because the keepMessages parameter is set to false during the Ajax request for this activity call.
Perform the following local-change:
- Use Expandable panes or a modal dialog for grids instead of 'Embedded Elsewhere'
- Defer load the corresponding layout that contains the Embedded Elsewhere grid.
- Reset the error messages in the pre-processing activity of the flow action referred in the grid for the Embedded Elsewhere configuration.
0% found this useful